Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Sun, 18-9-10

Takahashi

This is my first attempt at Solar piccy-taking, through a Kendrick/Baader white-light filter, and a DMK21 Mono (Thanks Bernie!) on my FLT110.

2000 frames, 640 x 480, stacked in Avistack, mild sharpening and hue added in PSP :

video0001b.jpg

Seeing wasn't too bad - slight boiling, and very thin, wispy cloud making an appearance now and then.

Thanks Sherri. To be honest, the seeing conditions were pretty much ideal, making the job of capturing so much easier, and that little DMK21 certainly appears to have much potential, although I'll have to invest in an LRGB filter setup for planetary work - the main reason I got it. More expense... Oh joy.

The biggest problem I had doing this pic, was hoping the wind wouldn't flap the curtains in front of the scope (taken through bedroom window), and stopping the cat using the scope & cable-mess as a climbing-frame. :)

Archived