Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 WIP playing with HA

MarkF

I managed to get five 20 min HA subs last night and twenty times five minute Lum subs. Playing around I made the HA stack red in PS and merged it with the Lum stack after fiddling with levels and curves. I really wanted to see what detail I could get with the HA. There is HA surrounding the target but I either need more processing skills, more HA time or a better camera to draw it out.

So here is my red M27 twiddle for your amusement (and mine).

Equinox ED80 and Atik 16ic guided with PHD. Longest guided subs yet and very pleased with the way it went.

post-19347-133877483189_thumb.jpg

Hi Mark, looks fantastic. The detail is excellent.

I found, on another SGL post, an article about levels that I've been trying today. Hope you find it useful.

Astro Imaging Tutorial Learning to Use Photoshop Curves

Mark

Thanks Mark, dunno why the background is green on the JPEG, oh well it was just a bit of practice and fun.

Thanks for the link, yep I have read through that one also Tutorials to help with your Astroimaging it seems there is more than one way to process, but most are aimed at DSLR or colour, I guess its the same principle. I actually used the unsharpen mask technic from that link you listed.

Oh well nothing tonight, high cloud has decided to hang around, can see stars through it :)

dunno why the background is green on the JPEG

I think I need new eyes! Until you pointed it out I didn't see the green. :) Thanks for the link you posted.

Parus, I rank my self as a blundering idiot too. Makes it so much better when you find something! Seriously though I've started to learn the sky from the DSOs. I found M57 in Stellarium and now I know Lyra. M27 in Vulpecula - halfway between Altair(Aquila) and Sadr(Deneb).

Nothing last night :( Is it me or Is this addictive? :) I sat there on Thursday night grinning like an idiot because it was all working and no clouds. :icon_eek:

Mark

Unfortunately I'm a blundering idiot so may have to make do with this. :(

Thanks for sharing, mate!

Well, its all a challenge whatever you do, I started down the imaging path about 3 or so weeks ago, and its been a steep learning curve. Its nice to get feedback on here too, sort of keeps you going and wanting to improve.

I think I need new eyes! Until you pointed it out I didn't see the green. :) Thanks for the link you posted.

Parus, I rank my self as a blundering idiot too. Makes it so much better when you find something! Seriously though I've started to learn the sky from the DSOs. I found M57 in Stellarium and now I know Lyra. M27 in Vulpecula - halfway between Altair(Aquila) and Sadr(Deneb).

Nothing last night :D Is it me or Is this addictive? :) I sat there on Thursday night grinning like an idiot because it was all working and no clouds. :icon_eek:

Mark

That Link Mark is from MikeB on here and listed in the stickys under techniques, tips and tricks. like you I have learnt my way around a lot using the GOTO from the computer, more than I thought I would. i knew my way around the winter night skies, but the more I do the more I learn.

Yes, its very addictive, just hope my enthusiasm keeps up, I do tend to flit between hobbies. Weather forecast was wrong for me too last night, but I managed to play around at synching and guiding last night working out what works and what doesn't.

Archived