Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

which new focuser?

Just to remind anyone with a SkyWatcher dob/newt who buys a GSO or Revelation focuser. Scopes'n'Skies sells the SkyWatcher "wide" mounting base for £2.00 in their Astroboot section which takes the GSO or Revelation focuser and is a straight bolt on replacement. They also sell the standard "narrow" base plate for £3.00 so don't get the wrong one.

John

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to remind anyone with a SkyWatcher dob/newt who buys a GSO or Revelation focuser. Scopes'n'Skies sells the SkyWatcher "wide" mounting base for £2.00 in their Astroboot section which takes the GSO or Revelation focuser and is a straight bolt on replacement. They also sell the standard "narrow" base plate for £3.00 so don't get the wrong one.

John

Thanks John, great info, that cleared some of the fog

Hi Starman, I got the regular focuser - nicely built and very smooth - I fitted it to my 8" skywatcher and found the "hole" in the scope was bigger than the base of the GSO focuser. I made up a plate to cover the larger hole and mounter the new focuser on that. The base of the GSO is 90mm square with hole at approx 70mm but worth the effort. On the subject of extension tubes I bought a 35mm (the skywatcher one wont fit!!!!) but to determine it was ok I made up a cardboard tube and kept cutting it down until I got the length that suited all my eyepieces. Have fun - I did ;)

Thanks Aussi, sounds like you are a lot handier with this stuff than I am, I'm looking for a focuser that will just bolt onto the tube without fiddling, I'm afraid if I started drilling or cutting it would probably be the end of my telescope.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here is the Moonlite all mounted, I must say it took some head scratching but in the end it was simple, I"m new to this stuff and easily confused. I spent about an hour with my Hotech getting everything lined up, now all I need is some clear sky.

post-18857-133877490793_thumb.jpg

post-18857-1338774908_thumb.jpg

Archived