Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First RGB (and only second Jupiter)

jgs001

Been playing tonight... I found that the pair of scopes, the 80ed and the Skymax were not collimated together, and with no adjustments anywhere, kinda hard to do anything about it.

So with the aid of my Astroboot filter holder, and astroboot colour filters (£15 the lot, holder and filters), I set about trying my hand at an RGB image... I must be mad... The red and green filters fitted perfectly, slotting in and out easily. The blue, however, was a) too dark and :) too wide to fit... however... I made it by screwing it into the barrel of the nose piece..

I used the planet mode on the QHY5v, C80ED, Celestron 2x barlow and some tubes

jupiterRGB16092010.jpg

It's rubbish, stuck at 1200mm (I couldn't even find Juptier, let alone focus with any more magnification) with 60 mm of tubes so image scale could be better, a proper set of RGB filters would assuredly help, but I don't have any. A filter wheel would also help, but I don't have one of them :)

Oh... the seeing was, to be blunt utter tosh...

Thanks guys.. It's not rubbish, it's better than my last one, but... I was expecting to get much better... but another night perhaps...

Karlo, I need the frame rate and sensitivity of the 5v (mono) so if I wanna do colour with it, I've no choice :)... at some point I will get into RGB deep sky, but it won't be for a while yet, as funds don't stretch.

Archived