Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lumenera LU070M Vista Driver??

tooth_dr

Hi folks,

I just acquired my Lumenera board level camera and cannot seem to get it working. I've downloaded and installed the latest version of the skynyx drivers version 5.0 off the Lumenera website, ran it and restarted the laptop. When I plug in the camera it comes up as unknown device, and attempts to find the drivers. This fails, even when i direct it to the correct folder.

I'm pretty sure I've usb 2.0, but tried all five usb ports, and still the same message.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks

Adam

Nick - yep, I've downloaded the trial version, I think I'll probably just buy that one I get to try it out.

Karlo - many thanks, new something had to be up lol, looking forward to getting this up and running. There won't be any images until the 27th of this month, as this is a present from swmbo, and she wants it back to wrap up lol.

I'll probabaly be running it eventually on my XP obsy pc, but it doesn't have USB 2.0 yet, so I wanted to get it up and running from my laptop.

I'll report back once sorted.

Adam

Nick - yep, I've downloaded the trial version, I think I'll probably just buy that one I get to try it out.

Karlo - many thanks, new something had to be up lol, looking forward to getting this up and running. There won't be any images until the 27th of this month, as this is a present from swmbo, and she wants it back to wrap up lol.

I'll probabaly be running it eventually on my XP obsy pc, but it doesn't have USB 2.0 yet, so I wanted to get it up and running from my laptop.

I'll report back once sorted.

Adam

XLNT news Adam, TBH don't bother messing about with the evaluation license just buy the LucamRecorder Pro-you won't regret it- I tried K3ccdtools it works, but nowhere near as well, but then it wouldn't cos LR was written in collaboration with the s/w developers at Lumenera :)

Don't forget to read the manual too :icon_eek::)

You're gonna lurve it

Cheeers Karlo

It just worked immediately with the other driver, and I fired up the evaluation copy of lucam - it looks superb. I'll get that ordered for the 27th :)

Thanks again

Adam

ps just to make a box now, and decided whether or not to remove the filter, seems to be a reddish tinted one over the chip. Decisons!

Remove the filter !! It's an IR/UV Adam ! Since you're going mono you'll doubtless at some point want an IR pass filter like one of the Pro Planets -won't work with the filter in.

As an update I've just removed the plain glass cover ( as a trial) I was talking about because when I looked thru my 10x loop I could see tiny spots on t'other side .which meant opening the case and removing the Lumenera front cover. However I've used one of Wayne's screw in covers on the nosepiece as a replacement.

If you do opt to remove the filter make sure you have a grounded anti-stat wrist attachment ( to be safe) and a clean bag-preferably an anti-stat again to keep the board cam in whilst removing said item :) oh and nitrile gloves, oh and a mask( you ought to be okay getting one of those !) in case you sneeze :)

• 6 years later...

So I'm just bumping up this thread again.  I've a new laptop, downloaded LuCam Recorder, and cant seem to connect to camera.  I cannot find the drivers for the Lu070 camera.  Can anyone help me please?

1 minute ago, beamish said:

Cripes, it's been sooo long I honestly cannot remember.

Have u tried Lu75 drivers?

Good to see you are still here! I can't find any drivers on the lumenera website, only newer cameras. I'll send them an email hopefully they can help!

ps I moved house in 2010 and one thing after another meany it's taken me over six years to get back into astronomy again.  But I'm loving it now, this forum is great. 

Very kind of you, however it doesn't look like I have good news?

Can't find anything, I have a vague recollection of trashing loads of stuff a couple of yrs ago and think I deleted lumenera stuff

Pretty sure Lumenera ought to be able to dig summat out of the archive.

Have to ask tho, Y are u using this cam, it was pretty good in its day but.....

31 minutes ago, beamish said:

Very kind of you, however it doesn't look like I have good news?

Can't find anything, I have a vague recollection of trashing loads of stuff a couple of yrs ago and think I deleted lumenera stuff

Pretty sure Lumenera ought to be able to dig summat out of the archive.

Have to ask tho, Y are u using this cam, it was pretty good in its day but.....

Thanks for looking. I guess the reason I'm using it is just because I have it. I bought it 7 years ago and only used it twice.  I've a couple of toucams as well(!). I don't even know what's out there in the market as I've not been following things for a long time!  Maybe the lu070 will make a decent guidecam?  

Tbh if you could get it going it will still produce XLNT results, certainly a good guide cam.

I have to say I thought the Flea 3 XLNT until I tried the ASI120 mono, but I believe even that has been surpassed now by a newer ASI model that can double up as a widefield  cam.

USB 3 with amazing frame rates etc...

I don't image anymore? but dip into threads and info now and again.

If you get it going it'd be great to see your results.

Karlo

• 1 month later...

Just to update this thread, I have the camera working now on a PC with XP, and a laptop with Vista but it wont work on a Windows 10 Laptop.  I didnt do anything, and the drivers starting working with the Lucam software, and it also works with PHD as well.

• 5 months later...

For the sake of completeness, and to benefit anyone else who may search for this topic, this camera is also working successfully on Windows 7, and through PHD1+2 it works under WDM.  It doesn't do the long exposures like with the DMK does in PHD1, and I haven't tested it out in the field yet due to the weather.  Hoping to use it as a permanent attachment to a finderscope as a guidescope.

Software link: https://www.lumenera.com/support/industrial-usb-ethernet/drivers-downloads/lucam-software.html

Archived