WOOHOO!! Its here at last

I am now a proud owner of a Skywatcher Explorer 130P, and after about an hour and half of putting it all together, which wasn't that bad, i had it outside for a quick look at the moon, my first find with a scope...well its easy to find lol, and as it was a quick look was very happy with the result, clear and crisp and good detail.

Must say the mount looks a bit of an headache but will soon get the hang of it, my next task will be to go to my local club (Cardiff) for what i feel will be the best way to learn my new hobby and be shown the correct way to set up and use the mount (eq2), so any tips would be great, any members here also a member of the Cardiff astronomical club?

I am now a proud owner of a Skywatcher Explorer 130P, and after about an hour and half of putting it all together, which wasn't that bad, i had it outside for a quick look at the moon, my first find with a scope...well its easy to find lol, and as it was a quick look was very happy with the result, clear and crisp and good detail.

Must say the mount looks a bit of an headache but will soon get the hang of it, my next task will be to go to my local club (Cardiff) for what i feel will be the best way to learn my new hobby and be shown the correct way to set up and use the mount (eq2), so any tips would be great, any members here also a member of the Cardiff astronomical club?

I have a SW Heritage 130P (its a Dob) and has the exact same optics as your scope. Its a fantastic scope.

Have a look on youtube, there are several good videos for using and setting up a EQ mount. I have always found seeing easier for me to understand. Will take a few times out to get the hang of it, hope this helps. Not a member of that society just a Valley boy.:D

Archived