Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

All right - which one of you is Wilko Johnson?

dc509

Did anyone see the fab documentary on BBC4 this weekend about the awesome 70's rhythm and blues band Doctor Feelgood? Turns out the lead guitarist, the legendary Wilko Johnson, is a stargazer and has an observatory on what looks like the roof of his house with a big fat fork-mounted Meade.

Excellent programme, by the way, as much a history of Canvey Island as the band...

d

Outstanding! Wilko Johnson a star gazer! - it never ceases to amaze me the diversity of characters that are interested in the universe.

Remember seeing Dr Feelgood many times, most especially at the Half Moon in Putney when Lee Brillo was still around - Legendary performance!

It's not me! But they are one of my favourite bands, and I already bought a documentary about the band on DVD, I assume it's the same one.

I may even go to Canvey Island one day to have a look at where they come from!

That is two rock guitarists I know of who are into astronomy, the other one is the guitarist from Queen (Brian May?-They were never my favourite band- I liked fast music when I was younger, still do!)

I read somewhere that there is some explanation about how the brain works which possibly explains why people tend to be good at maths and music at the same time. Maybe it goes for music and astronomy too!

Archived