NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally, a chance to get out tonight

Midpoint

Less an observation report and more an exclamation of relief than anything else.

Just as I was heading to bed, I spotted Jupiter bight and clear in the sky and so took this opportunity to unpack my scope and take a look. According to my handset, 31st of July was when I was last out, but it seems so much longer ago! I managed about 45 minutes on Jupiter before the clouds rolled in for good, hardly enough time for the scope to cool down, but who cares after all this time? :D

The weather report seems to indicate a clear night tomorrow, so fingers I can get a proper session in. I might even be able to see the GRS eventually.

Just wanted to share my excitement...

As long as the weather does something, different, I'll be glad. Perma-cloud gets dull very quickly. Some nice clear skies or a proper thunderstorm would liven things up a bit.

Now I haven't seen a proper thunderstorm in a long while. That would be great :D. Lovely opportunity for some shots of the lightning.

Archived