Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Comet Hartley 103P

Just been out looking for the Comet Hartley, found it in the end and got a few images before the clouds came in, well sea mist. Now I know where it is I can try for better images. Boy does this comet move fast!

Skywatcher 300p NEQ6 Pro, 134 sec, ISO1600, Canon 1000D.

09 Sept 2010 @ 21:54

John

post-15115-133877480804_thumb.jpg

Will see what the sky is like after 01:30am when the street lights go out! I looked lastnight for the Comet and just could not find it :blob10: Be good to get a few nice images when it gets brighter.

John

Well done John - I've spent three nights since the 8th looking for this one with my little Skymax 127 in High Wycombe, where the conditions are not optimal. It's been very frustrating and sometimes I think i would be more comfortable hanging from my feet!

It's obviously nowhere near bright enough for me too see yet, I'm hoping it will get brighter, or suddenly explode towards the end of the month.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived