Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moonfish..Whats Happening?

Lowstar

I`ve been visiting the Moonfish website regularly for what seems like a couple of months now, trying to place an order for the 2" 30mm 80* eyepiece. It has a red SOLD legend next to the item. Does anyone know what the score is regarding the eyepiece i.e Are they waiting on new stock arriving etc. Failing that is the GSO variant every bit as good? I really don`t want to go the TV route as even second hand prices are more than i spent my dob!!:blob10:

Tnx

will.

I've just ordered a 30mm eyepiece from Moonfish. I found that the page devoted to that eyepiece had SOLD on it but I tried the New Items list and found it there with a SOLD and a add it to your cart. I did that and have since received two emails from Dani saying that it is on the way. It may be worth sending an email directly to them, they respond pretty quickly.

Dave

I read somewhere that the 20mm is the 30mm with a Barlow fitted to it. Unscrew it, and you have the 30mm.

I don't know how true that is though. :)

I'd love to know. Although I've never heard this, I often wondered if it was the case simply by looking at the photos.

If so, the 20mm is obviously the one to buy! :)

Mine arrived this morning so it is possible to order from the website.

I have just tried the website again and it seems that when there as a guest the link to new products is missing, but once logged in (after registering) the link is there and an order can be placed.

Dave

I read somewhere that the 20mm is the 30mm with a Barlow fitted to it. Unscrew it, and you have the 30mm.

I don't know how true that is though. :)

hmmm, i have the moonfish 30mm, and a 2" ED barlow- if i unscrewed the barlow element and attached it to the 30mm filter thread, does that make it approximate to a 20mm?

worth an experiment i guess!

Well it looks as if I was rather lucky!

Here is the reply from Dani this morning in response to me pointing out the problem on the website.

And THANKSSSSSSSSSSSS so much about the information about the website.Yes, in fact, this eyepiece is officially out of stock (I have somespares to check because we got some with lenses broken), butmeanwhile, it is sold.In fact I didnt know how you added it to your basket, but now I cansee the other way you use in 'What's new' section. This is a bugbecause the 'add to chart' button shouldnt be there...Let see if we can get more units before Christmas :oDThanks so much for your help! I think that I need to update thewebsite in general.

Dave

Thanks Dave for the info. The only thing stopping me from getting the GSO eyepiece is the reviews for the Moonfish. Whether they are the same to look at doesn`t mean they are the same to look through :) as in different specs for coatings. Tell us what you think Dave if you get a chance to use it albeit the moon / cloud isn`t helping much right now.

Thanks to all posters,

Will.

Archived