NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31 - Andromeda Galaxy

GordonH

Hi

I don't normally do RGB imaging due to light pollution but I am currently waiting for my next narrow band target to clear a neighbours tree so I thought I would have a go at M31 as it was visible all night and by the time my narrow band target was available I had got carried away with M31. This is 20x5 minutes luminance and 18x5 minutes each for RGB taken with the FSQ106ED at f5 and a Starlight Xpress H36 on a Paramount ME auto guided by a Lodestar camera and OAG. I managed to get alol the data in one evening and I will be adding some Ha as soon as the next clear night coincides with a night off. I did the luminance and blue channel first as there was no moon up, but during the green and red data collection there was a quarter moon high in the sky so the gradient xterminator software had to work overtime. I have tried this subject before when I first started imaging and this early effort can be seen on the galaxy page of the image gallery on my website http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk

The core is a bit burnt out but hopefully I will correct this when I add the Ha data so my apologies for this as it is not something I am really used to when doing NB processing so this is relatively new to me

Here is a link to a larger higher resolution image

M31 - The Great Andromeda Galaxy photo - Gordon Haynes photos at pbase.com

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877478571_thumb.jpg

Hi

I have reprocessed this to reduce the burnt out on the core and also the excessive pinkish colour in the image, I think this version is better, here is the link to the large high resolution version

M31 - Andromeda Galaxy (reprocess) photo - Gordon Haynes photos at pbase.com

Thanks for looking again

Best wishes

Gordon

That's a fantastic result, especially through light pollution. Perfect FOV of this as well.

Can't see the high-res ones it says they are password protected?

Hi

I can't understand why it is showing that you need a password, try again now

Best wishes

Gordon

Thank god for that, pbase is like a malignant haemorrhoid, whenever I have made a change to the layout of the site it puts the password back on. Hopefully there won't be any more hiccups

Best wishes

Gordon

:blob10:

Thank god for that, pbase is like a malignant haemorrhoid, whenever I have made a change to the layout of the site it puts the password back on. Hopefully there won't be any more hiccups

Best wishes

Gordon

:blob10:

Wonderful M31 Gordon..

Guy

Archived