Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What a nice night...at last

Keithp

Hi All,

Out in the new observatory, shooting at everything!:mad: first clear night since I finished it..redoing M31 again..;)

Doing some test runs next on ol' Jupiter with the 17mm Hyperion, see how it goes. It's great to be out again. Bring it on Autumn. Anyone else out tonight?

Regards

Keithp

Yes, I've just come in, am just transfering masses of AVI's to my big machine from the lappy, keep an eye out for some really nice images or some really poor ones lol, had a really enjoyable night though, if a little cold.

Yes - best ever visual observations of Jupiter for me. Even my wife was impressed despite me dragging her (not literally) into the garden in her dressing gown for a look.

Could see lots of detail, especially along the rough edges of the main belt and even the polar regions displayed subtle shadings I'd never seen before.

Finished off with the moon at 125x for a couple of hours... Wonderfully crisp...

had a few problems with the ascom drivers not talking to the mount, sort that out later though. Switched to M52, never done that one before..

Nice to see I'm not on my lonesome tonight:D

Regards All

Keithp

I got my longest startrails to date... 450 frames a tad under 8 hours as i culled the light frames from both ends of the sequence.. also mamaged to get the frame pretty well centered on the NCP ;)

The IDAS P2 MFA Filter worked a treat and the self contained battery powered Dew heater kept the lens clear all night :mad:

Peter...

Archived