Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 7635 Bubble, after a long break

Parallax

Well, it's been ages since I've been able to get some imaging done and you soon forget even some of the basics.

I went into the obsy, switched everything on, plugged the USB hub into the laptop, ran up CduC & Maxim, selected an alignment star from CduC and slewed to it. When I heard the mount stop I took an image - nothing! Went and peered round the door and could see the problem. Back to the laptop, parked the scope then opened the roof. Makes all the difference ;)

After that everything went remarkably well. I was going to go for 10 minute subs but didn't want to push my luck. Maybe next time.

Subs: 7 x 480s

Scope: C80ED, 12nm Ha filter, 0.6x FR

Imaging: Atik 16ic-s

Guiding: ST80, QHY5, Maxim

Processing: Maxim, PSCS

Steve

post-14051-133877475505_thumb.jpg

That's a lovely image! I've just received one of those filters so looking forward to getting to try it out.

Oh, and LOL at not opening roof! The other night I manually moved the scope down to the park position, closed the roof, and set it up to take darks. Came out a few hours later to find the scope was still tracking and it was against the roof D'oh

Archived