Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First DSO image M13 - Bizibilder

Bizibilder

My first DSO!! Comments please!!

I chose an "easy" target (I hope) and took 8 x 65sec subs at prime focus on the SW200P using a Canon 1000D at ISO 800. Mount was an EQ5 unguided. I did take RAW and flats etc but the image here is simply stacked JPEGS with very little processing.

I will try a "full" process tomorrow!

post-17157-133877475312_thumb.jpg

In my M13, for which I had a lot of CCD data, I handled the core problem by doing two stretches. The first was for the outlying stars and did have the core a little overcooked. In a second stretch, starting from scratch, I looked only at the core and got that right, not worrying about failing to reaveal the faint stuff.

Then I pasted the core stretch onto the original and erased all but the core (using a lasso and Select Inverse). Levels allows you to choose how much of the new image is visible. Because the object is circular and regular there was no need to make a proper layer mask. Feathered Lasso and erase was fine. Quick, easy, effective and simpler than trying to get one stretch to do it all. I also use this technique on problem bright stars like Alnitak.

Olly

Thanks Olly. I can but try! I only have 8mins of subs - I'm going to try and take more tonight so I can add them in as well (Eveything I do at the moment is experimental so attempting to add subs fron two nights is a major adventure!!)

Thanks Olly. I can but try! I only have 8mins of subs - I'm going to try and take more tonight so I can add them in as well (Eveything I do at the moment is experimental so attempting to add subs fron two nights is a major adventure!!)

Oh, I remember that adventure myself! Now it is a bagatelle because I just use Registar to align and combine images. I love that programme.

Hope it goes well.

Olly

Archived