Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aquila and Scutum Dustfields

Hi all, I'm always taken aback when viewing these constellations of the summer milkyway either by naked eye or with binoculars when seeing the amount of galactic dust running through them. Here is a shot of the area showing the dust, and it leaves your mind wondering at what is hidden benind.

As you can see, the dust reddens the starlight of billions of stars beyond. Either side of the dust are countless blue (and possibly younger) stars located in the next spiral arm of our galaxy looking inward. This is 25x4min shots. I'd love sometime to go even deeper smile.png

www.flickr.com/photos/79652716@N00/49272...es/l/in/photostream/

Keith..

That is simply STUNNING Keith. I would love to be able to see the MW naked eye or with bins like you seem to be able to.

I cant take anything more then 5s exposures from my location. A couple of weeks ago during the Perseids..........the seeing was soooo good that for the 1st time ever i could REALLY see the MW naked eye from my garden. I thought it was a thin line of whispy cloud stretching across the sky. It showed up in some images i took but i didnt take enough to be able to stack them.

Archived