Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron CG5 GOTO mount CLEARANCE

FLO

We have a reasonably regular supply of Celestron CG5 GT GOTO mounts available at £449!

These mounts become available at this price whenever we split a telescope/mount package so are genuine Celestron UK stock, brand new, unopened, with two-year warranty.

CG5goto.jpg

This mount is essentially the Skywatcher EQ5 PRO (made by the same company) but features a heavier duty tripod, quality ball-bearings in both axis and the more sophisticated Celestron GOTO alignment routine.

Includes the all-important ST-4 guide port for autoguiding.

Steve :)

That is difficult to say.

It is often supplied packaged with 10" Newtonians, 11" SCTs and 6" refractors but we think that is pushing things a bit too far, particularly if imaging.

It will certainly have no problem carrying an 8" Newtonian, 8" SCT or a 5" refractor.

Hope that helps.

Steve please do not think I am trying to interfere with your good observations from experience, but when this mount was reviewed, it gave a published load capacity of 12.5 Kg, HTH.

No probs :)

I am aware of the quoted load capacitys but don't consider them reliable so rarely quote them myself. For example, a 12.5kg Newtonian would exert more leverage in a breeze than an equivalent weight refractor or SCT. And when mounting more than one telescope it can depend on whether one is piggybacked (further from the centre of gravity) or mounted side-by-side in a dual mounting bar.

HTH

No probs :)

I am aware of the quoted load capacitys but don't consider them reliable so rarely quote them myself. For example, a 12.5kg Newtonian would exert more leverage in a breeze than an equivalent weight refractor or SCT. And when mounting more than one telescope it can depend on whether one is piggybacked (further from the centre of gravity) or mounted side-by-side in a dual mounting bar.

HTH

Thanks Steve, I shall bear that in mind when I come to piggyback another scope, or do what others seem to do and change to an Eq6.:)

Archived