Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Success at last

klytus

Just seen Jupiter and its moons at last, can't tell you how elated i was to have seen it at last,though i think most of you know or can imagine.Put it this way i'm a middle aged bloke and i was nearly in tears,soft devil that i am :).

Even my wife Gill stayed by my side even she must have been in agony being she was on crutches awaiting a knee revision op (pre op tuesday,so hopefully not long now!) and she was ecstatic when i eventually made her steady enough to look through the eyepiece and see Jupiter.

Tried to track down M31 Andromeda but no luck so far even though i found Cassiopeia alright i just could not visualise where M31 was,light pollution around me did'nt help either i imagine.

A good night out,after a nearly 3 month wait caused by bad weather or personal life , frustrating at times (hell of a job trying to get used to using a heq5) but seeing Jupiter made it all worth while :).

Well done Klytus. Astronomy requires perseverence and patience, and you have that. You stick with it mate, and you find lots more great sights. You have a loyal wife too bless her, and I hope she gets the Knee replacement soon. You are both courageous people it seems to me.

Best Wishes.

Ron.:)

I second the comment about Saturn, left me speechless for ages especially as I found it by accident. I felt I had discovered it. Look for M31 in the binos first, if you use the same sort of power as for a good view of Jupiter you will never see M31.

Dennis

Archived