Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 7635 The Bubble Nebula

orionoffelt

Had a go at imaging the Bubble on Monday night the first time this summer that I had dark enough sky's to try imaging with Celestron CPC 280 mm at F 6.3 a 400D modded camera ISO 800 UHC-S filter 25 x 6 and 3 x 10 min subs Nebulosity 2 DSS PHD and PSC3 Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Bob

post-14584-133877469886_thumb.jpg

This is a tough one for a DSLR and you have pulled a lot of detail.

Flats would make a huge difference to this because of the insistent vignetting of the SCT. It would all disappear with flats, though - or so I believe.

Good stuff,

Olly

Hi Olly and Paul thanks for the comments regarding flats but I did calibrate this image with 30 flats taken with a LP light board and the histogram was 50 % on the camera readout I have tried creating a master flat average stacked in Nebulosity and another master in DSS with a median stack both of these masters remove the dust marks but do not correct all of the vignetting any advice would be helpful.

Cheers

Bob

Archived