Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

this one or that one?

Well it depends what you want to look at really. The orthoscopic wil fare better on planets whereas the wide angles will probably be better on deep sky. To be honest I think to describe the Skywatcher ones as ultrawide with a 66' FOV is a bit of puff. The super wides are 70' FOV !!! :p

I dont think Baader even decsribe the Hyperions as super wide with their 68' FOV.

I havent used either eyepieces so I cant really say what they would be like. Personally with £30 to spend I'd probably buy the Vixen NPLs. They are a bit plasticky but the views are good.

thank you for the advice but i want to steer clear of the vixen ep's, m friend has a set and says the distortion is quite apparent around the edge of the fov.

any one else got any comments about the mentioned ep's?

Any idea what scope your friend has them in ? It makes a big difference and most lower priced (and by that I mean sub £200) eyepieces will show distortion (coma,astigmatism etc ) at the edge in fast scopes and/or other abberations.

Someone ewas selling one of the SKywatcher 6mm UWAs on here - it might be worth asking them what their opnion was of it.

thank you for the advice but i want to steer clear of the vixen ep's, m friend has a set and says the distortion is quite apparent around the edge of the fov.

any one else got any comments about the mentioned ep's?

Thats a shame as Vixen eyepieces are generally excellent. It may well be that, as Astro Baby says, what your friend is seeing is astigmatism or coma inherant in a fast scope design.

You will get that with most low to mid price wide angle eyepieces.

Archived