Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Toucam ProII Webcam

sound

good Evening Everyone

Is this webcam any good for using with my telescope for some planetary imaging with my telescope , there appears to be so many different ones that do and dont work.

link ToUcam PRO II Webcam on eBay (end time 07-Aug-10 22:28:24 BST)

Hopefully so as i have just purchased one off ebay.

Any comments / thoughts welcome and also what adaptors or anything else i might need

Many Thanks

Thanks very much hunterknox , wasnt sure it was the right one , lady luck must have been smiling at me :-).

Will start looking for the nosepiece adaptor and ir cut filter , can you recommend anywhere ?

Once again many thanks

The Toucam pro II is THE webcam to get. That's a very sweet price you got that for too. They regularly sell for £50+ to astronomers on the 2nd hand market.

The Astroengineering adaptor is fine. The Baader IR/UV cut filter is the bee's knees for sticking on the end of the adaptor.

UV & IR Filters - Baader UV/IR Cut Filter

Can I also suggest a copy of Martin Mobberley's excellent book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Planetary-Webcam-Patrick-Practical-Astronomy/dp/1846281970/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

Well done again for picking up such a bargain.

Manhy Thanks for the replies Hunterknox and michaelmorris - definately going to order the book , but just going to wait for the webcam to arrive - just to check it all works before i order the adaptors and filters .

Hopefully wont be waiting to long for it .

Once again thanks for the links and advice

Best wishes

Well Webacam arrived today exactly as described, set it up on my desktop and all working fine.

Then downloaded the firmware and upgraded it to the SPC900 firmware and all working fine on my windows 7 laptop.

The only problem is i notice there appears to be what looks like a dead pixel on the right hand side , can only see the one.

Hopefully it shouldnt affect the pictures

Yes definately was a bargain George , was on at auction so just emailed the seller and asked if he had a but it now price and he said yep . So took a chance on it and so far all good.

Archived