Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSS - M57 - help please!!

Please can you help.

I have imaged M57 and stacked the images no problem in the past. However, I have recently taken a new series of images and I cannot get them to produce a final image.

I used my canon 300D and Nexstar 102 scope. Each sub is 10s due to the mount and field rotation.

When I look at individual subs, I can see M57 and many stars. However, when I try stacking them in DSS this is the result...

post-14991-133877466831_thumb.jpg

Any ideas?

Gavin

Gavin, First off, why limit to 10seconds ? Try it, I was able to get up to 2 minutes low in the east with my NexStar mount and ST80 clone. Secondly, can you post an individual sub. Thirdly, is this a save from DSS without processing ? if so did you save with adjustments or save with adjustments embedded ?

Gavin, First off, why limit to 10seconds ? Try it, I was able to get up to 2 minutes low in the east with my NexStar mount and ST80 clone. Secondly, can you post an individual sub. Thirdly, is this a save from DSS without processing ? if so did you save with adjustments or save with adjustments embedded ?

Hi John,

The reason they were so short exposures is because it was so high, I was getting small star trails at 15 secs, tried 1 min and the star trails were huge!!

I've tried uploading an individual frame but I can't upoload a RAW file. Any ideas?

Finally, the result I uploaded was the result from DSS but can't remember if adjustments embedded or not. I didn't adjust any wavelets etc...!!!

Gavin

Gavin, just load the raw into PS or whatever, save it as a jpg and post that. Gotcha on the sub length... Although I'm a little surprised...with my Konus on a NexStar SLT I was able to get 40 seconds...

Archived