Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Couple of moons

TopHouse

After I'd done my Jupiter's (pics in planetary) I had a go at the moon close (ish) up this was with skywatcher 2x barlow. Conditions were poor and I literally got an hour outside tonight and had to shoot in between waves of cloud.

post-18181-133877466441_thumb.png

post-18181-133877466452_thumb.png

John, you can be my new best mate :mad:

As said in another thread, these are probably my 5th and 6th goes at astro with a laptop and webcam, previously I had my camcorder screwed to a baader hyperion. I bought my first ever laptop just over a week ago.

I have a toucam, flashed to spc900 firmware with a nosepiece added and IR filter fitted. I have quite a lot of experience of webcams and software, just not in the astro field, my software of choice is :-

WcCtrl to control the hardware side of the cam, ie gain, exposure etc because the philips one is ****.

Capture software is Robin's (rwg on here) sharpcap software which is a truly excellent bit of software.

EDIT

I can't believe the large freshwater fish with varieties like coy and beginning with 'c' is added to the profanity filter on here as that's the word starred out above.

Archived