SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eqmod & mount limits & plate solving

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if I know approximate ra and dec and camera angle I don't need to enter the guide star co-ords?

If you know your imaging resolution and camera angle you can enter them directly and not bother with calibration in Elbrus. If you don't know these you can snap an image and have Elbrus work them out (calibration) provided you can give the coordiates of two stars in your image.

When plate solving you don't need to manually give Elbrus an approximate RA/DEC to start searching from - it can be configured to automatically read that direct form the telescope driver via ASCOM (or from the fits header, or direct form CDC if you so wish).

Chris.

OK, I now have Elbrus working but am still unable to plate solve. I have loaded an image of M27 into live.astrometry.net to get the pixel scale, rotation and ra/dec BUT it just keeps giving me an invalid solution error.

Problems:

Plate solution giving the above error

When doing this 'for real' I wont know the exact pixel resolution - will this matter?

And this is just plate solving, not got to trying it in anger and seeing it it does all work properly!

Archived