Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dew Caps

valleyman

Is there any info on SGL about dew Caps,

Had perfect viewing conditions last night until the Dew appeared.

I have a Celestron 8"SCL any suggestions as to where I can get one or how to make one.

Thanks

Buy a camping mat. Wrap it tightly round the end of the tube (you don't want it to droop or slip). Use duck tape to stop it unrolling. This is cheaper & more effective than commercial dew shields ... If you want you can use Velcro tape to seal the edge so you can unroll it again for storage.

If you want a neat job, the Astrozap shields (sold by FLO) are cheaper and work better than the other similar products (the felt lining helps).

But the corrector plate on a SCT is a real dew magnet. You may still need active dew control (a heater band) in severe dewing conditions ... a low power 12V "hair dryer" may also be useful.

And Very nice to meet you it was Pat. Hope to see you Tomorrow or might be later by the time you read this. keep our fingers crossed. I will post in the morning to let everyone know we should decide around 9:30 if we are going or not.

Grahame

Archived