Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Watching the eclipse in Stellarium

Hi everyone,

Since I didn't manage to get to the South Pacific, I followed the eclpse live in Stellarium from Easter Island. It was an interesting experience - knowing exactly what was going on on the other side of the world and exactly how the people would be reacting - I'd recommend it :) I have a screenshot of the eclipse when it actually happened, but I can't wait for some real photos!

EI1.png

tell me about it

the longest annular eclipse of the century (January 15, 2010) was centered above my town, and i was away. i had to do with stellarium, live feed from the national TV and witness accounts of family and friends.

i have to admit, watching it in stellarium was giving me almost the happiness i would if i were at home watching it live. :)

Hi Ali,

That's a shame - I think I have only seen one eclipse live (through clouds) - the 1999 UK one.

Also, it's nice to see someone doing astronomy in the Maldives - I think your country is my favourite in the world :)

I have been 5/6 times, and I remember the amazing dark skies with the Milky Way strecthing across the sea - I hope to return soon!

George.

Archived