Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Need intructions

Abernus

Hi all I recently bought an Antares 1.25" deluxe laser collimator from scopes n skies. I have read good and bad things about them but thought I would give them a try. The items I ordered turned up in food time but there was no instructions with the collimator. I phoned them to ask for these to be sent out, they advised I should get them by today. Well guess what no instructions, Nother call to them to find out it has not been posted!

I was wondering if anyone on here can scan them in and upload them for me?

Thanks

P.s sorry about the text but it's hard to edit thing on an iphone

Thanks for the fast responces. I looked at it when it arrived and through yey I have a laser pointer ;) I will takle a look at those instructions and hopefully tonight I will have it all done.

Maby at last I will have clear images and be able to look stright down the eyepiece.

Thanks for the links they helped a lot. The only problem, my telescope didn't have a doughnut on the primary mirror. I just tried to get it as close to center as possible the point of light got brighter. I think I could see what appears to be a pin mark in the middle of the mirror?? Anyway this is what I take as center.

After about only 15 mins I got it all collimated, the only problem cloudy skies ;)

Also check the laser itself is collimated as they can be out when shipped.

Most of the "standard" Laser Collimators that ship now (i.e. the ones that are visibly identical) actually come "pre-set" with the adjustment bolts filled in with Epoxy so you can't adjust them.

Most of the "standard" Laser Collimators that ship now (i.e. the ones that are visibly identical) actually come "pre-set" with the adjustment bolts filled in with Epoxy so you can't adjust them.

The Antares doesn't, it has 3 grub screws and mine was out when I got it so I had to collimate it myself.

Archived