Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anything in hertfordshire

I'm from wgc myself

There is a herts astro club, that i've been to a few times, though they are on summer break at the moment, reconvening in september, it's pretty low key, they meet monthly with a speaker, then an observing session. I'll be going along when they restart.

Meetings are in letty green scout hut - nice dark (compared to wgc) location but not much parking so it may move at some point

One good thing about the club is they hook up with bayford observatory and get involved in their open days, though I've not done that yet.

If you've bought any paradigm/explorer eyepieces, the chances are you've bought them off Alan the club secretary

the web link is Hertford Astronomy Group

There are some clubs further afield, I think the letchworth one is a bit more advanced with club premises and club scopes

Letchworth - ldas - is on the web. Have a look at the details there. They have a observatory now with an upgraded scope and hold meetings and star parties (and public star parties too).

(Note I used to be the chairman but moved up north)

I'm a member of LDAS, they've been holding regular observing sessions throughout the summer now they've got their new 'scope. Why not go along to one of their meetings - they're held on the last Wednesday of every month, details here.

Their site could do with updating a little more frequently, but if you email the chairman (link at the bottom of their site) he'll be more than happy to help :eek:

I might try to get to one of the letchworth sessions at some point, I remember seeing a little while ago in one of the councils propaganda leaflets that you'd got some form of grant towards a new scope, and thought at that time that if i've paid for (part of) it, I'm going to get up ther and use it :eek::D:D

Archived