SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ha heart nebula

MartinB

I took this one a few days ago when we had a surprise clear night. Roger has posted a superb LRGB image so I felt inspired. Unfortunately the finer nebulosity just wouldn't appear which is probably a combination of incompetence on my part and a humdinger of a moon.

Disappointed at first but on reflection I don't think it is so bad. It's a narrow band Ha image, about 30x2min subs. Cloud prevented any longer. Got some OIII and SII but they showed very little. NS 8" with fastar SXV H9 Maxim and PS

image.jpg

Hi Martin , yes its a difficult one that , just a point , well only my thinking , but was this unbinned, i think if it was with such short subs of 2 mins , i think a lot more data would have been collected using 2x2 binning , i know the frame size is smaller , but at the moment its for showing on here its ok 2x2 , just a thought Martin thats all , processing can deal with the noise , not that its to bad anyway to be honest, if this was 2x2 , then i go hid in the closet ehehehhehe

Rog

I agree Rog. Got much more data when I switched to 2x2 doing Witches Broom. Actually I can go up to 3 mins unguided and without pec without too much trouble then the unbinned subs start to perk up. 5 mins is a bit hit and miss. I have a concern about how well things turn out binned when using the fastar. Things certainly start to get a bit clunky and I imagine this isn't such a problem with another set up. Rather than go to unbinned for luminence images I really want to get the guiding and PEC properly sorted.

Martin

I've just done a quick google search on this, and your right Rog, it does look like a heart, and its to be found in Cassiopeia.

Here are some facts:

The Heart Nebula, IC 1805, lies some 7500 light years away from Earth. It is located in the Perseus arm of the Galaxy in the constellation Cassiopeia. This is an emission nebula showing glowing gas and darker dust lanes. This nebula is formed by plasma of ionized hydrogen (HII) and free electrons. The hydrogen has been ionized by ultraviolet radiation from young hot stars. The nebula thus exhibits a characteristic red spectral glow

Source: NASA

Caz :rolleyes:

Archived