Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dumbbell Nebula in O-III

riklaunim

I have a simple fan that could be attached but didn't put it for this imaging (first attempts with new setup and guiding). I've seen some peltier mods but this is a bit of irreversible work on the housing etc. Darks will do, and in autumn nighs will be chilly, and in winter it should hit -20C :] free "cooling" :D

a bit off topic but how do you find the castell filter? I am thinking of getting one for visual only and with the 12" dob mainly. I live between Stockport and Manchester so LP is an issue but I do look mainly east so it's as good as it can be from my house.

a bit off topic but how do you find the castell filter? I am thinking of getting one for visual only and with the 12" dob mainly. I live between Stockport and Manchester so LP is an issue but I do look mainly east so it's as good as it can be from my house.

You have 12" so I think you can use more narrow Baader in it. Castell is broader and lets more non O-III light in. It doesn't cut all the stars and background (some like that), but also contrast gain is lower.

Red - Baader, Black - Castell. Other comparison on Astrotreff-Deep-Sky - Astrofilter Spektren im Vergleich

260zcyh.jpg

Archived