Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Northampton Group?

From Fedastro: fedastro.org.uk:

Nene Valley Astronomical Society

Northants Amateur Astronomers

Also try Bedsastro, as Bedford isn't that far away, they do a fair few events.

Be aware owing to the long days and short nights (and people on holiday) there isn't that much going on this time of year.

Think the LDAS are doing the odd solar viewing session at a couple of local events.

All depends on what you want and how for you can or will travel.

Bedford club were advertising a public viewing night about 8 weeks back, it rained so was cancelled. They should be organising another but not sure when. Will drive up when it is on.

Things like that are good to get along to and see the variety of scopes and what they can do.

Club at Cambridge but not so hands on, however an excellent range of lectures and talks.

Don't know any real information on the two in N'hants, search their web site would be a good start, I suppose.

Hi guys...

Bedford Astro will be doing some dark sky observing nights starting early September. The provisional date for the next observing meet is Fri 10 September. All yet to be confirmed. All welcome.

As a society we meet the last weds of every month. Next meeting this weds 30th June if you fancy coming along. :D

Thanks for the info folks.

Bedford sounds promising, I'll try and contact them.

Just a bit frustrated at the moment as only just got my first scope but nothing to do with it this time of year. I'll be counting down till the star parties in Sept/Oct.

Archived