Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Been a while....

RichieJarvis

But but - I've got new kit to play with :rolleyes:

Picked up an SXVR-H18 to play with... Hoping to get some Ha shots of NGC6888 tonight - fingers crossed!

I had a few teething troubles at first - a MaximDL driver problem specific to using the SX Guidehead with the H18, but the support at Starlight got that sorted in 2 days, and supplied a test SXUniversal driver from Diffraction Limited for me to test - it works perfectly now :)

Anyway - the clouds willing, I might have something to share... Can't wait!!! Wish this sky brightness would bog off!

Cheers,

Richie

I am a long-time lurker!

Actually, I've just got a new job and have been snowed with that and Under British Skies stuff - don't get time to read the forums much anymore... Well, actually, thats a poor excuse - I am just very bad at time management!

Cheers,

Richie

Greetings from another who's spent time away Richie :rolleyes:

Good to see you back.

I'm very interested in how you get on with the H18....are you using 1 1/4 inch filters with it?

Cheers

Rob

Welcome Back Rob!

Good to see you online too :rolleyes:

I got the first results with it last night - got some nasty lines through the image, although I think thats the PC or cables, not the camera. I was thrashing the PC last night whilst imaging, and it was swapping like crazy!

Yes, I am using 1.25" filters - there is definitely some vignetting, but its not quite as bad as I thought. I'll take some flats and post em so you can see - hell, I wanna see as well :)

Are you back for a while now, or off on your jollies again soon?

Cheers,

Richie

Looking forward to seeing the flats Richie....I'd expect some vignetting (I used to get a small amount with the H16) but with that sized FOV a bit of cropping shouldn't be an issue I wouldn't have thought.

Off on my jollies again on Sunday for another 5 weeks, but back in time for Salisbury, and I'm hoping for my new scope to arrive in August too.....one of the new 11 inch Celestron Edge HD's :rolleyes:

Cheers

Rob

Yup - I'll post em soon - might try tonight actually! Yeah - I figured cropping with the higher resolution isn't too much of an issue whilst I save up for 2" filters!

Ahhh - a new SCT, eh? That'll be fun - I look forward to hearing how you get on with it!

Enjoy your trip!

Cheers,

Richie

... you're the guy who gave a talk on the "evolution of his astrokit", which it would appear has mutated some more!

Good luck with the new job and we look forward to seeing what the extra pixels will allow you to achieve!

Cheers

PEterW

Archived