NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

USB over Ethernet

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't recognise either the DSi camera or Atik 383 when connecting through an attached hub. It does recognise both cameras when plugged directly into it. This then means there are no more connections availble for the rest of the stuff. I tried to work around this by connecting the Silex to a gigabit switch and using a 10/100 Belkin ethernet to USB hub for the slow devices. The Silex Virtual USB software recognised both hubs and would connect to all six devices. I then found that the set up was very sluggish compared to being connected by an ordinary usb hub and there seemed to be some strange issue with the Atik camera image being more nosiy with banding visible. The system would also disconnect devices then reconnect them every few seconds. It may possibly work with a bit more tinkering but I am running out of time so I have swapped back to running it via a USB hub and a local PC controlled by a remote desktop via an ethernet connection.

Regards

Kevin

Archived