Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another Observing Chair

Dan, I like your patio!

It is magnetic or polar aligned?

Mike

I used a green laser pointer on a tripod with Alt/Az adjust and dropped plumb lines to mark a true N/S line on the patio concrete floor.

The mosaic is 50" wide, we ordered it custom online and picked the colors to match the house. Tile guy went a little nuts because "the mosaic didn't line up with the lines on the tile!" (our house sits almost perfectly N/E) Finally explained to tile guy and got it all in, now setting up a scope is a piece of cake. I figure it is accurate to within about 1/2 degree or less.

Dan

post-24566-133877536972_thumb.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got something like that in my garden. Our one is plastic, and aligned with magnetic north. When my mother first set it up, she had north pointing south-east, bless her. Only problem is, our compass is in the over grown bit of our garden. Oh well, loving both chairs, was thinking I needed a chair today actually. But I was thinking more along the lines of an bar stool. :rolleyes:

Dazz

Archived