Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sagittarius and Pluto

Nice - btw. i think the thing you have circled as M24 is actually NGC 6603 - M24 fills your whole frame, and some more...

/callump

Oh yes. Thanks for that. It's just that I saw NGC 6603 labelled somewhere else as M24 (obviously incorrectly!)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

What a fantastic image and well done for finding Pluto, a planet, yes I dare say it (or my wife will never forgive me) I fear I'll never see with the naked eye now I've seen how diddy it is within Sagitarius' star fields.

Great piece of detective work to track down the interloping star too. I'm with Digz, can we see a shot without the CC if you've time to do it, a comparison would give us all an idea of the difference.

When using the No 1 Eyeball, we have a tendency to centre everything we look at and so having got the object in the middle,

we then tend to ignore what is around it and so the coma is not so much of an issue, however with photos we are hunting around them and so the coma stands out like a sore thumb. Having said that, with wide field views especially with the newer affordable UWA eyepieces, one likes to wander around the view as if in a spacecraft. I hope flat field telescopes eventually beecome the standard so we can all afford them.

Off back to Sagitarius and where is that blighter!

Archived