Which Eyepiece?

Hi guys

I'm just pondering over two types of EP now, both from Alan off Ebay.

The 1st is a Paradigm / Explorer EP of around 5 or 8mm

1.25" 5mm 60 Degree Explorer Dual ED Eyepiece on eBay (end time 03-Jul-10 08:59:59 BST)

The 2nd is a TMB designed EP similar to the ones sold by Telescope Services (6mm or 8mm)

1.25" 6mm 58 Degree TMB designed Planetary eyepiece on eBay (end time 04-Jul-10 19:24:39 BST)

What are people's thoughts one these two? My scope's a SW 150P, and whatever happens, they've got to be better than the basic one's that came with the scope (10mm and 25mm). :)

At some point I'll be replacing these also.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Graham and John, think I'll go for the 6mm TMB clone (I know Johninderby rates them as pretty good) for planetary viewing and maybe a few of the Explorers/Paradigms in lower mags for general viewing and DSO's, maybe starting with an 8mm and working up from there.

Think investing in a decent Barlow would be the way to go too

Cheers again for the advice :)

Andy

Thanks Graham and John, think I'll go for the 6mm TMB clone (I know Johninderby rates them as pretty good) for planetary viewing and maybe a few of the Explorers/Paradigms in lower mags for general viewing and DSO's, maybe starting with an 8mm and working up from there.

Think investing in a decent Barlow would be the way to go too

Cheers again for the advice :)

Andy

Quality EPs are only as good as the Barlow you use with them. So a good quality barlow would be the way to go.

Archived