Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Filter advice

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first night I saw the Orion Nebula through my ST120, was definitely excellent viewing

That was early to mid February if I remember right, with cold, crystal clear skies. I barlowed up the Hyperion 8mm which gave 150 x mag, and it could have taken a lot more.

Had a few nights like that until mid March.

I'm still hypnotised and drooling over the Orion Nebula though. :)

People say you can't get views like this, that, or the other, but I must admit, that view was easily as good as anything I have seen anywhere. Even better than Hubble for me, because it was personal for me, and absolutely magical.

I can't wait to see it with the filters. :icon_scratch:

Must admit my first view of the orion nebula was outstanding. It also was on a cold night in winter. this summer has yielded some clear but hazy nights and have been very frustrating. I've been lookin for the great globular cluster in Hercules and have not found it probably due to high level haze and light pollution. I'm off to Wales and darker skies in a few weeks so fingers crossed for cloudless nights

Archived