Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Roll off Obsy

adamsp123

After a lot of hard work and a good deal of help from my friend I finally have a Roll off obsy.

I ordered a 6x4 ft T&G shed from a local garden centre and shed maker, Hardings of Guilsfield, Welshpool.

I bought the shed with 2 mods, one - a slot in the floor to go past the mount pier and secondly a wider door, both they did without extra charge, it duly arrived only 2 days later in the Evening as promised and boy is it well constructed, worth the little extra I paid compared to the cheapo ones you can get.

My friend and I had it put together including adding 4 wheels to the bottom in less than 2 hours, the shed went together perfectly not like the furniture you used to get from MFI!

As you can see from the pics it is a serious move up from my water butt system as now I can have the scopes mounted full time, no more lugging scopes and spending ages putting all the kit together.

I am trying out a 3 Refractor set up on a ADM dual mounting bar, a WO 66, a WO 72 and a SW 120ED , they just all fit, with QHY5 guidecam a modded Canon1000D and Atik 383L+ fitted, with possiblities of swapping cameras around to use the different FOVs. At the mo I have Atik on the 120ED for luminance and the Canon on the WO 72 for colour, last the QHY5 guiding through the 66. I just hope the idea works!!

So here are some pics including the old water butt set up to the new one.

As you can see the garden is pretty tight on space so a roll off roof type obsy was not an option. Note the screening "curtains" and as luck would have it, the shed, when rolled off and the door open perfectly screens out lights to my west.

Thanks for looking

Pete

ps I will tidy up the mess!

post-15319-133877454651_thumb.jpg

post-15319-133877454655_thumb.jpg

post-15319-133877454659_thumb.jpg

post-15319-133877454668_thumb.jpg

post-15319-133877454674_thumb.jpg

I love the roll off obsy, excellent use of space but your water butt design has finally solved my problem of having to keep on taking the mount head off of my pier.

So thankyou for that, glad you added that pic.

I love the roll off obsy, excellent use of space but your water butt design has finally solved my problem of having to keep on taking the mount head off of my pier.

So thankyou for that, glad you added that pic.

I am very happy to be a help, not lugging the mount around was a REAL benefit!!! I had to chop up the table to fit through the door and not remove it which was my first thought as it is really handy.

I didnt mind lugging it around it was polar aligning it that would wind me up. I need to make it secure i.e. lockable as my garden gate backs onto the street behind so its quite accesible. An excellent idea though and something I will be looking into.

The shed sports a quality lock and hard to remove hasp, I will soon add an alarm. Luckily my garden is hard to see from the lower and upper roads and is well screened.

Regarding the shed being moved by the wind the slot in the floor hits the pier before any walls can make contact with any equipment and the other wat the door hits the table.

I will look at an anti storm strapping down but in the case of a real big blow the scope etc will be removed.

But it is real nice to be able to set up in just a couple of minutes

• 1 year later...

Awesome obs Pete.

Am I right in saying that you just bought a shed, built it without the floor, added wheels to the bottom of it and added tracks to your floor so that it can only move back and forths within a certain area?

I just want to check as I think I might do the same myself.

Chris

Archived