Retail sales

Hi all,

a search has failed to find the info so just wondering, do any of the recognised shops have sales on at any time of the year, or is on an adhoc basis, or is the market so cut-throat that they don't bother? I did read somewhere on a thread that one of them has Bank Holiday discounts but for the life of me I can't find it again.

In no particular rush, but at some point I would like to get hold of a good 5-6" APO refractor, and these are like hens teeth 2nd hand.

thanks

Quite a few have 5% to 10% off,although some only offer the discounts on certain products. Telescope House is the one that has 10% off sales on everything on several bank holidays throughout the year.

As I understand it profit margins are quite low on most astro gear so for an astro dealer 10% is a huge discount.

John

I messaged the sponsor on 14.2.10 for a discount code as I wanted to buy a new scope - sadly I never received a reply and ended up buying elsewhere - A shame because when I've bought from FLO in the past, delivery has been very fast.

I messaged the sponsor on 14.2.10 for a discount code as I wanted to buy a new scope - sadly I never received a reply and ended up buying elsewhere - A shame because when I've bought from FLO in the past, delivery has been very fast.

That is a pity, I can't offer any reason as to why Flo. would not reply to your message, they can speak for themselves on that.

I would think when anyone is applying for Codes, and providing they qualify for such, then it is better to phone them. Should an answer phone cut in, leave your details including your name and number, and you will get a return phone call. Flo. provide excellent service, but at times are extremely busy, and not always able to respond immediately.

Ron.

If it were me i would have been a little more persistant to a company that had given me good service in tha past.....

Don't get me wrong - I'm not doing FLO down - far from it - they have an excellent reputation and I would happily buy from them again. Just wish they would have answered my PM but I'm not bitter or upset about it. Back in February when I didn't hear from them, the opportunity to get my Astrotech 66mm came along so I took it - a fantastic scope which I'm absolutely delighted with.

Archived