I must me missing something.. how do i turn it on ?

I took delivery on my GoTo Skymax 127 on Monday and bought an adaptor for it this morning, I'm sure I have the right one, it's on 12v on the switch and it's tip positive and the right way round.

I plugged it in and nothing happened.. The manual says to flip the on switch. Now, I do wear glasses but i'm sure I cant be missing a whole switch, I can't see any switches! :D

I am starting to feel out of my depth and I have not even got the thing out of the house yet :D

Anyone care to tell me what am supposed to do ?

I seem to recall that on my SLT 60 goto there is an on/ off switch. Although Celestron they are similar to Skywatcher types.

I take it the goto you have is normally powered by 8 x AA batteries housed within the central housing.

It has a kind of battery adaptor which then plugs in to the mount, it does take 8 batteries.

Ahhhhhhhhh, I see ! I had the wrong thing on the end.. you making me look at the battery pack made me see the one I was trying to use was to big.

Cool thanks, It's all imuminated now. Shame its ust started raining again.

Telescopes are like women. You fiddle around in the dark for ages trying to find the right switch to turn it on, then when you do storm clouds arrive and you end up having to sleep instead of having fun.

Of course during the daytime you can drool over everyone else's scopes, you can get a better one secondhand (and get rid of yours) - or get a new one and keep your old one for occasional use :D

Astronomy is such a fun hobby.

Archived