NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Starrynight and Windows 7

valleyman

Can anybody help with advice on how to get Starrynight working with Windows 7. Works fine on my XP but no luck with the laptop using 64bits. Tried troubleshooting and and the revert to XP but no luck.

Well, \Its magic.......I have tried loading starrynight for the last 5 months without success. Ask how to do it here and hey Presto the next time i try it worked. So it seems the power of stargazerlounge stretches to the deepest depths :D. thanks for the replys

Hi, Valleyman,

Just as a follow up, I too have Starrynight, (Backyard) and have found on my Windows 7 64 and 32 bit that I tend to get a 'flashing' every now and then although it was perfect with XP.

Can you let me know if you have a similar problem now that you have yours working, please?

Cheers, Layor

Hi Layer

Mine seems to be OK, with no problems.

When I loaded it, I opened the programme in MY COMPUTER first, left clicked and ran troubleshot compatBILITY FIRST.

then selected XP2 and ran the programme selecting to save it in PROGRAMMES. It loaded Ok and seems to be running OK. However having now loaded it must confess to prefering Stellerium.

Mmmm! I havn't tried using the compatability mode yet, I'll give it go.

I have only just started using Stellarium but have been using Starrynight for years so I'm obviously used to that, but it certainly looks good anyway:D

Cheers, Layor

Hi Layer

Mine seems to be OK, with no problems.

When I loaded it, I opened the programme in MY COMPUTER first, left clicked and ran troubleshot compatBILITY FIRST.

then selected XP2 and ran the programme selecting to save it in PROGRAMMES. It loaded Ok and seems to be running OK. However having now loaded it must confess to prefering Stellerium.

Stick with it Valleyman. I too thought Stellarium was better when I 1st switched to Starry Night. But, I persevered and now, IMO, nothing compares to Starry Night. It is simple to use, has a great mount interface and best of all it just works.

I did try to get Stellarium working with my then CG5GT but had no luck, as I said, Starry Night just worked.

Yes, Stellarium looks better but SN is a very powerful program.

Just my 2p worth mate,

Gary

Archived