Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baaaaaaad night last night...(electronics help?)

GazOC

Thats usefull, so we were right, the motors are OK so it seems.

Gaz

What are you using to power this mount?

Its not going to end up being a duff battery is it?

Each motor will have its own driver chip so it has to be something common to them.

Usually, stepper motor supplies aren't regulated, just fed off the 12volts or whatever.

Look carefully around where the power line plugs in for any dry soldered joints and

maybe some scorching around a badly fitting connector either would cause a disruptive

voltage drop.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is 1500 mAmps less than 2 Amps? :wink: I've just been next door and he has one rated for 2 Amps and guess what?

I always though the 12V was the important part. Sorry for wasting your time guys, time to put the EQ6 back together!!

What a muppet! :grin::lol:

Why would it choose now to go? I've def used those leads without any trouble before.

Don't worry Gaz. When i bought Gordon's GPE mount I thought the RA motor was dead. Had the mount in pieces, ripped off Andy Stentiford's nice autoguiding mod thinking that was the problem. In the end i couldn't figure it out and sold the mount for a loss. The guy who bought it (i sold it as duff) wrote back the day he recieved to say the mount faultless but the power lead I supplied had the wrong tip. The thing wasn't making a proper contact. Fleck! :?

Glad you got it sorted, you had me worried for a moment.

Russ

Archived