NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn June 2nd

Quite pleased with this image considering it was 11.20pm and Saturn was getting very low. 2000 frames taken at 5fps stacked 1500. I'm thinking i should be using 5fps more often the other avis at faster rates i.e 10fps and over were much poorer despite double the quantity of frames stacked.Had good focus, moon clearly visible.

space-cowboy-albums-saturn-picture5227-object-20100602-2221-051-1500-stack.jpg

Cheers James! Think that will be last imaging I'll be doing until Jupiter in August. Had another go last night but too much warm air currents making Saturn wax and wane. By the time it cools down the planet is too low. Did consider getting up at 3.30am for Jupiter but thought better of it lol

Thanks Michael, to be honest the colours are a lottery seems to be the white balance has a mind of its own. I have WB set on auto and when i first fire up the cam Saturn is a nice creamy white but if I change from using Astrocapture to k3ccd tools the image will change to yellow/gold and from then on it stays that colour even if i go back to astrocapture. Unplugging the cam seems the only way to reset the colour. Selecting any of the other WB options does not produce the creamy white colour either.

All i can say is try using vxastrocapture as that seems to be the only video capture program i use that produces a nice colour.

Archived