Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon mp250 printer/scanner problem

Llamanaut

Hello, whilst my printer works fine my scanner has stopped working despite working ok when i first got it. When i try to scan anything I get a message saying a communication error has occurred and the scanner will now stop. Ive been in touch with canon uk and they suggested uninstalling then reinstalling new drivers which ive done. Same problem. Ive even got a new lead in case it was that. Same problem. Im debating whether to throw the whole pile of rubbish in the trash and go buy a hewlett packard (my previous printer/ scanner which i had for years with no problems whatsoever) Anyone had a similar problem with a canon printer/ scanner, what did you do to remedy it? :D

What operating system are you using I've had a look on-line found this............Go to Device Manager at USB Controllers and disable Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller. If you can't find exactly this, disable the one with the word Enhanced in it. Right click it then click disable.

I have no idea if it will work but its reversible so might be worth a try :D

My Canon MP360S stopped scanning when I changed to Vista and the downloadable drivers form Canon didn't help at all. However both GIMP and Irfanview (free image manipulation software) WILL scan on the same printer perfectly!! Maybe try GIMP - as it is a much more comprehensive program. (Gimp.org - I think)

im still using xp... even tried rolling back a few months to a known good configeration, still nothing... just about to try disabling the enhanced pci to usb host controller, then will give gimp a go, thanks, i'll let you know how i get on

............Go to Device Manager at USB Controllers and disable Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller. If you can't find exactly this, disable the one with the word Enhanced in it. Right click it then click disable.

This worked!!!!!!! I have no idea how, but everything else on the pc seems to work as well. Ive already tried everyother usb port on my pc but still had the same prob, disabling the enhanced pci to usb did the trick... thanks Brett :D

Archived