Electronic Focusing

Note that the eBay item you linked to is, principally, for helical focusers.

Also, at nigh on $200 plus postage (to UK = $18), it'll likely get collared for:

Import Duty (on cost + postage), VAT (on cost + postage + Import Duty) and deliverers "handling fees".

well i dont own a 6se so this is just theoritical.... what size is the focussing knob on the 6se im guessing 25mm dia??? if thats the case you just need to use one of the brakets supplied or make your own that will reach the far edge of your ota so to stop the focussing unit spinning at the same time as the knob.... just a simple L bracket with a small pice of sticky back foam to protect the ota.

well i dont own a 6se so this is just theoritical.... what size is the focussing knob on the 6se im guessing 25mm dia??? if thats the case you just need to use one of the brakets supplied or make your own that will reach the far edge of your ota so to stop the focussing unit spinning at the same time as the knob.... just a simple L bracket with a small pice of sticky back foam to protect the ota.

@sn00p

I think its 25mm

I`ve just ordered one from FLO so will give it a try when it arrives.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is `ota` please?

Thanks for the advice

Mark

did you get anywhere with it??? im just purchasing 1 myself and going for adaption

Mine arrived from FLO yesterday, I`m just waiting for someone to advise on another thread if its ok to undo the 3 small screws that surround the focuser knob on my 6SE then I`m ready to fit it.

Mark

Focuser scews - Not all at the same time... IIRC the Celestron focuser replaces two of them

mmm, when you say Not all at the same time?

I was assuming that the 3 screws hold the focus knob assembly in place?

I need to remove the Celestron focus knob to be able to replace with the skywatcher motorised focuser control (with a modified bracket)

Are the 3 screws holding anything else in inside the tube?

Thanks

Mark

I have it on good authority that on the 6SE you can undo all 3 screws and remove the focuser knob assembly without disturbing anything else.

The 6SE focuser knob slips onto the end of another arm and the focuser knob when turned either `pulls` or `pushes` the rod depending which way its turned.

So on that basis, I`m going in, if it all goes belly up.........

Mark

Ok, Ok......

I chickened out......

I`ve still not undone the screws, just in case my informer was wrong (I don`t want to lose the scope while it has to be repaired).

So I`m having a rethink now before taking the plunge....

Mark

Archived