Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1396 first try

Uranium235

Last night was a good night, perfectly clear, lots of stars. Even though the moon was up I was still able to grab a few good subs. Firstly, I added a few more subs to the M82 collection, then swung round to something i spotted on stellarium (ic1396)

Its a massive target, something like 2.5 deg - but being as my 1000d isnt modded for H-alpha I was surprised to see that i was starting pick it up (just about) despite the moon, light pollution, and only using 70min worth of subs.

When I ran it through DSS I almost fell off my chair! This is by far the highest star count ive had (over 10,000). Id like to go back to it at some point (maybe tonight) to add more 15min subs, though its unlikely because it didnt clear the houses until about 00:30... shame i have work tomorrow :)

Anyway here ya go:

IC1396

Light: 4x600sec, 2x900sec

Darks, bias & flats

post-18171-133877449426_thumb.jpg

cheers peter :D

I think the changes i made in regard to the weight of the entire setup (now only 4kg) and spot of oil made a big, big difference in PHD with DEC staying flat as a pancake all night long.

Got interruped at 2.30am by a police chopper with all spotlights blazing, probably looking for yoofs in the graveyard... tsk... they have no consideration for peeps having a quiet nights AP :)

Thanks Mick :D Im planning to hit the 20min barrier tonight in terms of subs, and grab an hours worth before bedtime. Its not getting properly dark til about 11 now (boooo!) so ive got to make the most of the time available.

Ive already got the cam doing the 1200s darks down in the cellar where its nice & cool. Might be an idea to pop it in the fridge for 10 min before finishing my stock of 300s darks. Im determined to have a stock of 5,10,15 and 20 mins (1 hour of each) which should keep me going for some time to come.

Lol.. was sat there drinking Tizer & ice cream last night, the perfect way to cool down (when you have no beer) :)

Will probably be warmer this eve too, hope that doesnt upset the cam too much.

Archived