Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunar Alpine mosaic 21 May 2010

resonator77

Splendid image R77.

I was looking at this very area earlier this evening, and although plagued with clouding, I was surprised at the very steady seeing, considering it had been a very warm day here in Cumbria.

I allowed very little cooldown time before I started the session, as I knew the clouds were going to kill the night. I thoroughly enjoyed my brief encounter with La Lune though.

Again, a very fine image.

Ron.:D

I dont think you could have done much better than that under the circumstances, focusing looks good, processing looks reasonably good, as i know your fairly new to this. certainly making huge improvements over your shakey start. Now what you need is a high lunar showing for the best chance of great seeing, its then that you will get the stuff i know you want. But untill then its good to see you doing so well. It can only get better and better, now your starting to get the best out of the c9.25 and lumenera

Well done Ramis BTW i think there still coming up as jpg when i check the file it says jpg not png

Ahh there you go its png now, looks better too. but play with the alignment a little on imerge i think i can see a very slight missalignment, im not sure though ?

not sure if you know this but if you put the two pieces together close, then do a right click on the mouse it should do the alignment for you. are you doing it like that ?

You must be happy to be finally getting results, i know what its like when you start getting your first hi res images. But you wait, now your knowledge has grown when the moon is better placed, if seeing is calm i know you will better this, you wait and see.

Bet you cant wait for those conditions to come your way, Ive been waiting months Ramis, everytime the moon is well placed, its cloudy windy, or just poor seeing, its been that way for so long i havent had great conditions for nearly a year or more, and im not kidding either

As you know i didnt bother this time around the lifecam shots i did were at similar height as this and really was just a experiment to see what it can do what with my roof problem, just wasnt worth it, i dont want to do a another lunar shot untill i can go up a level. you will feel the same after about 50 lunar shots under your belt. if your anything like me, then looking up is the only way that it gets exciting anymore

Archived