View Finders , Red Dots, Green Lasers and Iron Sights !

Using the new Meade last night, and also having to do a calibrate on the Finder Scope, Im not sure I like these little finder scopes.

Problems imo.

6 Screw "Small" Threads to align it.

Awkward Posistion.

Not the easiest to get my eye to.

Red Dot.

This did feel easier, but again position is not the best, to bright even on Dim.

only 2 wheels to center it which is a bonus.

Iron Sights.

I used 2 screw heads on either ends of the tube on the scope.. to be honest I do find this the easiest way to get the quick align on bright objects.

So where am I going, Im not sure really as I have not found what I like yet.. other than Iron Sights LOL, but are there better ways?

You could stick a Telrad to the tube....they are superb. Look a bit ungainly, fugly but do the job well.

I ditched my Telrad and bought a Rigel MRF....love it to bits. Took off the Meade finder and bought a Synta finder shoe for the LX50. Then slotted in the MRF. It has a variable brightness red dot which seems perfect at night but can also be cranked up for daytime.

Just curious why did you move over from the Telrad to a Rigel?

Not sure about Russ's reasons but for me the benefits are that the Rigel has a much smaller footprint than the Telrad, is lighter (less impact on tube balance), is a little less prone to dewing and projects from the scope tube a bit more making for less craning of the neck.

Archived