Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need some MaximDL help please.

Catanonia

Ok I have got loads of LRGB Fits.

I can combine these ok in maxim using stack... done

I have flat fits in LRGB and Bias fits

How do you stack these together in MaximDL ?

If I add the lights / bias and flats together I get loads of errors.

I can stack the lights with star alignment, but as soon as I add the flats or bias (they show as calibrations) it all goes wrong.

Can someone give me a step by step for using the stack section / window in MaximDL for putting the lot together to produce an image please ?

Many thanks

Cat

Use the Calibration wizard mate. Just tell Maxim where all the Bias Flats and Darks are it should do the rest. Click on replace with masters for each group then open all the light frames. Go back to the Calibration wizard and click calibrate all and that should do it.....

Alan:D

Use the Calibration wizard mate. Just tell Maxim where all the Bias Flats and Darks are it should do the rest. Click on replace with masters for each group then open all the light frames. Go back to the Calibration wizard and click calibrate all and that should do it.....

Alan:D

Thanks mate, will give it a go..

This QHY9 is f***ing awesome I tell ya compared to a DSLR.... WOW so much more sensitive....

Ok a pain, but MaximDL is a trail to learn, but soooooo much more flexible.

On QHY9 my 2min exp I would say equal a 5min on the 1000D, and that is just one channel.. Well my take on it.

Imaging M51 as I know it well for a comparison.

If I get stuck, can u help me out remotely sometime if I send you the connection details. Can do remote PC sessions using our company software GotoMeeting :D

About 1:30 into LRGB on M51 and best images i have taken totally compared to 6+ hours with DSLR and that is without flats, darks, processing etc.

Archived