I got a new toy....

dobserver

Hiya Kris, this type 1 Nagler has no screw thread internally on the 2" barrel, therefore we would have to have someone good with a lathe to cut the thread for us,,,

Doh, and I thought I was being really helpful. Message to self 'read the thread in detail'.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheers Andrew, It's not a major problem as we will if needed just use 1.25" filters with it, It just so happened Steph has an OIII in 2".

It really is a wonderful eye piece and we have no complaints whatsoever, M13 was just amazing, I have never before seen so many resolved stars in a cluster before, to say I was stunned would be an understatement

I only have one 2" filter and it's a broadband LPR which I only use with long focal length EPs. The rest of my filters are all 1.25" which is why I never noticed the problem.

M13 is astonishing through it. Blew my bind the first time I saw it through that Nagler.

You have PM.

I think we may have cracked the problem!!

We took the old springs off yesterday, cleaned the mirror (gulp) and replaced the puny standard springs with stronger ones, which also seem to be a little longer. This has pushed the mirror up the tube ever so slightly, and may just give us enough in-focus to be able to use the 1.25" to 2" adaptor for the filters.

Fingers crossed....

Archived