Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

skywatcher 250px photography

i have 2 adaptors for a dslr, one is the deluxe barlow and one is a celestron adaptor with no magnification.

the barlow i can get to focus but the celestron one wont, is this right??

i thought the focus issues were with the smaller scopes like the 130

thanks

Sadly, this can be an issue with some of the larger SW Reflectors as well if you are not using the correct adapter. You should be able to get focus using a standard 'T' adapter that attaches directly to focus tube but you may not achieve focus using a 1.25" or 2" nosepiece 'T' adapter.

post-13675-133877448106_thumb.jpg

The one in the picyure is the R & P so you have a Crayford which should be a lower profile. What does the Celestron adapter look like?

What have you got there that fits between the camera and the barrel of the R&P focuser. The end of the focuser is about 58mm isn't it?

With the R & P, Skywatcher supply a 58mm to 1.25" EP adapter but if you unscrew the 1.25" adapter, you are left with an expose 'male' 'T' thread and that is what I am attached to.

The one in the picyure is the R & P so you have a Crayford which should be a lower profile. What does the Celestron adapter look like?

With the R & P, Skywatcher supply a 58mm to 1.25" EP adapter but if you unscrew the 1.25" adapter, you are left with an expose 'male' 'T' thread and that is what I am attached to.

the celestron adaptor looks like a barlow lens but hollow inside

the celestron adaptor looks like a barlow lens but hollow inside

I think you will struggle to focus with that as I suspect the camera will be too far from the focus tube. What is the inside diameter of the connector directly on the end of the focus tube - is it by any chance 2" (50.2mm)? If it is then an Olympus 'T' adapter and a 'Revelation T Adapter 2" should resolve the issue.

Archived